Monday 19 December 2011

Using Car Hire for Meetings

With my recent promotion I have found that the amount I travel has increased exponentially. Constantly being on the move eats into the time I get to prepare for meeting and go over my notes. In addition to that getting reimbursed for fuel is a pain. In the middle of my hectic day I cannot, for the life of me, find time to sort out gasoline bills and find time to verify where I went on what day.

After reaching a meeting with a very important client tardy and under prepared I decided that I could no longer work like this. As a solution to my problem I eventually started using a city car rental. In retrospect the benefits of making this choice have been manifold. I find myself with time to go over my PowerPoint’s for meetings while on the way to them and have been complemented on several occasion now about the high quality of the presentation I deliver. I didn’t have to deal with the traffic on the way to the meetings and reached them without having stressed myself out en route, which reflected in the manner in which I dealt with people during the course of the meeting. Silly questions and comments that would have previously caused me to snap at an individual now don’t faze me in the least, I find myself able to handle the situations in a manner that is both calm and composed. Over and above all this, the wear and tear on my personal vehicle has reduced dramatically since I started using a car ride. This is a cost that I could never be reimbursed for by my firm in any case and am really glad I no longer have to incur it. Keeping track of the bills from the City car rental is easy and had made getting reimbursed very convenient. I would recommend using these services to everyone having a hectic work schedule. It’s definitely made my life much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment